Tech Autobiography Part I- the early years


THE EARLY YEARS OF GAMING IN MY LIFE


Flashback to 1992, the video game craze was resurrected thanks to the release of the Nintendo Entertainment System. One fateful September day, my life changed forever. I remember it vividly like it was only yesterday. My dad came into the living room with a large box in his arms. Captivated with childish curiosity, my older sister and I looked in amazement as my father took accessory after accessory out of the box. One controller, the Zapper, and the games; Super Mario Bros, and Duck Hunt. The former became the single most influential game of my life.





I took hold of the controller, and as I pushed START, I felt a sudden rush of power surge through my body. I took control of the little digital man and led him across the screen, the whole time jumping over pitfalls, and shooting enemy characters with my firepower.

At first, I wasn’t very good. My gaming skills were easily trumped by those of my father. After the initial frustration subsided, I dedicated all of my spare time to training, in hopes of getting farther in the game than my dad. It wasn’t long until I became better than my father, and was able to get to the final world. I played the game so much that I was able to memorize the layout of the levels, and was easily able to speed run through them. The day finally came when I was on the final level of the final world.

As the fanfare triumphantly played, my soul soared, and as Mario ran up to the princess, I felt as though I had reached the first major turning point of my life.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
im the most interesting muthafudger on the planet